Saturday, August 17, 2013

Introduction


It's about time to jump on the blogging bandwagon!

I have tried so many times to keep up with my blogging schedule, since I began working on it through different mediums such as Google media and xanga way back in high school because I was always an avid writer and reader. Now, I am going to be pursuing the career of my dreams starting my PhD in English at University of Western Ontario under the supervision of Dr. Nandi Bhatia, who is the Associate Dean of Research in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities. I am also currently an intern with Anokhi Media assisting the online blog editor, Swati Bhatt Vyas, publishing articles daily and keeping up with what's happening in the rest of the world. 

I recently completed my second masters in Women's Studies and Feminist Research under the supervision of Dr. Bipasha Baruah. I had met her at the South Asian Studies conference at Claremont University in California last April. Prior to that, I had worked for an year at EMC Ltd. and ATFS for a year. I also hold a Masters in South Asian Studies with a graduate certificate in Women's Studies from University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) and honors undergraduate degree in English with a minor in India Studies from University of Connecticut, Storrs. 

Combined with my love of literature, movies, and culture, I hope to be blogging about current events, films, articles, cuisines, and travel. People say in blogging you should focus on one topic or one theme but the truth of the matter is that I am a lover of multiple arts and of multiple things and its hard to keep it down to one so I hope to discuss and present my views, share links and articles, and thoughts on anything and everything - after all that is what a scholar does, breathes, and lives. 



© Nidhi Shrivastava 2014 This content is subject to copyrights. Please ask for my permission before using this content for any purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment